Helping your child develop and learn through creativity.
At Kidzee our team is trained to help your children grow based on the emergent curriculum philosophy. This curriculum is based on the premise that children are most successful at learning when the curriculum can capture their interests.
Our program is based on the Emergent Curriculum philosophy. Emergent curriculum is rooted in the work of noted early childhood theorists like Dewey, Piaget, and Vygotsky. It focuses on being responsive to children’s interests to create meaningful learning experiences. It is based on the premise that children are most successful at learning when curriculum experiences account for their interests, strengths and learning styles. As such we help children stimulate their Left Brain and Right Brain based on their personal interests and preferences.
The left brain’s functionality is one of language, numeracy, literacy, analysis and time. It is the logical, calculating, planning, busy-bee part of us that keeps us anchored in the pragmatic world, and in past and future.
The right brain, on the other hand, is responsible for empathy, intuition, imagination and creativity. It is where we wonder, dream, connect and come alive.
We want our children to be logical yet dreamers, planners yet full of imagination so they can work towards their dreams and achieve large.
An emergent curriculum involves teachers observing children’s play and listening to questions they ask during and within their play this lets children and educators alike explore, answer questions and guide learning that evolves over time. As such our methodology try and infuse emergent curriculum with Left brain and Right brain activities for holistic growth of your child.
``Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
- To promote child’s overall growth and development
- Whole Child Concept of development with focus on physical, mental, social, emotional and creative domains
- To foster child’s self-image and self-confidence
- To offer safe, positive and supportive environment
- To offer healthy nutrition to allow children to reach their optimum development
- To establish open and cooperative relationships with family
- To celebrate and promote cultural and ethnic diversity
- To provide opportunities for learning various skills to be successful and independent